Tungsten Manufacturing Operations
Requirements to Produce our Quality Certified Tungsten Products; tungsten ball, tungsten, sphere, tungsten cube are:
- People: Metallurgical, Mechanical, Chemical, and Industrial Engineering staff coupled with Technical Operators and Machinists.
- Equipment: Customized. High-Tech Machinery and Systems.
- Processes: Fully Integrated Chemical, Mechanical and Industrial Manufacturing Processes.
Incoming Powder Receiving & Testing
Powder Metallurgy & Pressing Systems
- Verified for composition, density, flowability and size
- Once approved by our Quality Lab, the powders are pressed into a variety of shape, held together with a proprietary binder
- The pressed parts are then heated in a series of high temperature, thermal processing steps. These heat treatments convert the powder compacts into solid fragments of tungsten heavy alloy
- Product finishing often includes grinding to size, producing perfectly shaped spheres and cubes
Three Separate Heat Treatment Processes Required to Produce High-Density Tungsten Alloy Products:
- Liquid-Phase Sintering
- Vacuum Annealing
Tumbling, Sorting & Grinding
- The steps to produce uniform and extremely precise fragments is no small feat!
- Creative solutions to seemingly simple problems often lead to new innovations
- Largest grinding facility is the largest in the United States
Cleaning, Sizing & Verification Inspection
Our metallurgical process begins with raw materials, a blend of tungsten and other metal powders
- Delivering clean, precision products is critical to our Quality Commitments
- Ensuring compliance with our customer specifications involves no less than seven steps in the verification Process
- Inspecting products takes time and extreme attention to details